"Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light."
- Dorothy Thompson
I find this quote stirs something deep inside of me. When I first read it, I remembered being a little girl with gifts similar to the little boy in "A Sixth Sense" and having parents who wouldn't let me sleep with the light on. There were always Beings hovering in the shadows or drifting past and touching me lightly as I slept. "Bogeymen" they were to me at that time . . . though once I was older and had received the proper training, I learned to "turn the Light on" when they were around, both to protect myself-- and to clarify what/who they were and what they wanted or needed to be free and move on.
Then there were also my fears of this place, the Planet Earth-- fears of the anger, hurt, hatred, ignorance, insanity, lack . . . the Darkness that I perceived around me a lot of the time. Lately, as a result of the negative headlines about how those in power have been running our world, this fear has been as strong for me as it was when I was a little girl, watching and being at the mercy of a schizophrenic mother and alcoholic dads. In addition, observing the economic strife and its impact on people awakens in me the memory of being dropped off at an orphanage for four or five years because my grown-ups couldn't or didn't want to support me. It all shakes me to my core!
Sometimes I just want to crawl back into bed and go to sleep-- all day . . . or for days at a time. But, while I do indulge myself sometimes in an extra long meditation or sleeping late, as with all my other fears, it seems to work better if I "Shine the Light" on these bogeymen-- and look them in the eye, "standing" with and for my little girl inside, letting her know that "we" are okay right now. I tell her often that I will walk with her through every "Valley of the Shadow of Death" that may come along for us here.
One thing I have learned in this lifetime is that no matter how Dark it may be here on this Planet-- and at times it is pretty Dark-- I always have the Light with me-- COS I AM THE LIGHT! All I have to do is CLAIM that for It to protect me, guide me and Light my way. It is my own focus on GOODNESS, KINDNESS and LOVING that keeps me safe. It is my desire and quest to see that in others and in circumstances that awakens and/or supports the Light in them and transforms them into the best that they can and were meant to be. My own DIVINITY protects me all the time-- and when I look through the eyes of my INNER GOD/GODDESS at everything and anything, everyone and anyone here-- IT IS ALL GOOD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It seems rather sad that your very interesting blogs attract so few comments. I like to survey blog comments rather than blogs. I find that most comments are sent to bloggers who blog about cats, dogs, gardening, needlepoint, making handbags and self-harm. Would you care to comment on this comment?
ReplyDeleteWith very best wishes
I am still learning how to drive traffic to my blog site. Perhaps then more people will comment-- though I do notice, as you mentioned, folks tend to comment more quickly on topics they are more familiar with and give more of their day-to-day time and attention to. I would really only enjoy thoughtful commentary to my blogs though. I hope to put a word-level on internal processes people may not often consciously pay attention to, or describe. I sometimes feel a bit sad when people seem to just rant mindlessly about people's blogs. That may be cathartic, but it is not very "touching," eh? (I also just learned how to respond to comments-- I am pretty new to this. :_} ) Thank you.
ReplyDelete