Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing

Most Precious One. . .
Why do I resist you so?

You Embrace me--
And like a little scared child,
I push you away,
Laughing as I
Run off to play with my friends,
Skinning my knees
Along the way.

Then I fall down again and cry. . .
”God—
This is a GAME.

Why isn’t it more fun?
Why is there so much at stake.
Why does it hurt so much to fall down?
Why is getting back up so HARD?”

Then I turn around and you aren’t there
Or, at least, I can’t see you through my tears.

I feel angry and confused.

So You reach out and touch me,
To get my attention—and I crawl back up on Your Knee,
And You comfort me again—

Knowing I will squirm away again,
And run to play,

Giggling as I wipe away my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment